The Greek Isles. For those who have and those who haven't visited them alike, their images of aquamarine waters, whitewashed houses carved into hillsides, and black, red, and white volcanic sand beaches evoke a sense of calm and longing to get away. In the secluded, picturesque village of Imerovigli, just over a mile from Santorini's capitol of Fira, the Grace Santorini Hotel awaits those who answer their calls of calm and longing.
Part of the award-winning Grace Hotels group--and listed amongst Tatler's 101 Best Hotels in the World in 2011--the Grace Santorini enshrouds its guests with the same luxury and serenity it sits amidst as a member of the southernmost island of the Aegean Sea's Greek Cyclades, and perched 985 feet above the Caldera, a deep sheltered basin formed centuries ago by a sunken volcano. Also facing the property is Skaros, a rock famed for its Venetian castle ruins. The town of Imerovigli has earned a reputation as a mystical and romantic place for destination weddings and honeymoons, and indeed the Grace Santorini caters to both.
As an exclusive boutique hotel, the Grace Santorini accommodates guests in a range of styles and comforts. The Grace Suites represent the hotel’s premier accommodation, each with king beds, en-suite bathrooms with a "hammam" steam bath and interior plunge pool, and a large, private terrace fitted with sun loungers and a second, outdoor plunge pool. Suites capture panoramic views of the Caldera, as well as the Aegean's soul-stirring sunsets. The year 2012 also saw an upgrade in pampering and privacy at the Grace Santorini with the addition of the hotel's Villa, a 4,300 square-foot decadent residence that promises the hotel's attentive services and amenities within a self-contained sanctuary. The Villa has its own spa with a steambath, Jacuzzi, and treatment room for decompressing massages and revitalizing facials, as well as an open-plan kitchen with private chef available on request. A carefully stocked wine and fine cigar bar, and full entertainment center and library round out the Villa interior, while outside spaces boast double-level seating areas and sun decks overlooking a private swimming pool, outdoor fireplace, and gazebo.
To enhance visitors' experiences and perpetuate their lack of desire to leave the grounds, the Grace Santorini also houses a Mediterranean fusion cuisine restaurant overlooking the sea, which hosts daily Champagne breakfasts and nightly indoor and al fresco fine dining experiences. And don't forget to take a turn at one of the poolside bars perched over the Caldera, where specially crafted Grace Cocktails, a subtle blend of apple juice, pear purée, lemon juice, and premium vodka with a hint of lemon grass, flow freely. Other hotel facilities and amenities include:
- Welcome Champagne and iced towel upon arrival.
- An infinity swimming pool with double loungers.
- All day room service.
- In-house laundry and pressing.
- Business Centre with complimentary use of laptops.
- DVD/CD/book library.
- Early check-in and late check-out available at 50% discount upon availability.
- Concierge services, including provision of car rental, private yacht, and helicopter.
Santa Claus, Santeria, or Santorini?
If you could pick one to have at your disposal, which would you choose? Santa Claus to fulfill your every material wish? Santeria to assuage your ailments and strike down your enemies? Or Santorini to surround yourself with beauty, restore balance, and get both a killer tan and a killer plate of lamb souvlaki?
Decision-Making Tip: Keep in mind that Santorini is the only one of the above proven actually to exist.
- Grace Santorini Hotel: http://www.santorinigrace.com/
- Grace Santorini Hotel Rooms: http://www.santorinigrace.com/accommodation.php
- Grace Santorini Hotel Online Bookings: https://santorinigrace.reserve-online.net/
- Grace Santorini Hotel Restaurant: http://www.santorinigrace.com/facilities-restaurant-bar.php
- Grace Santorini Hotel Facilities: http://www.santorinigrace.com/facilities.php
- Weddings at the Grace Santorini Hotel: http://www.santorinigrace.com/weddings
- About Santorini: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santorini
- Best Things to Do in Santorini: http://travel.usnews.com/Santorini_Greece/Things_To_Do/
- Sailing in Santorini: http://www.santorinisailing.com/