Awarded the World Prize for Sustainable Tourism in 2005, the Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort overlooks Switzerland's Lake Geneva from its cozy perch in a snowsporter's paradise, just above the picturesque village of Les Cerniers. The site comprises 15, 430-square-foot geodesic "tents" anchored staunchly to wood platforms on the outsides, and decked out with cushy modern comforts and luxurious aesthetics on the insides.
Each pod is fitted with a wood stove and high-performance insulation to keep its interior fully heated and protected from the cold and snow. Likewise, the Scandinavian-designed ensuite bathrooms are directly linked with warmed spring water. King-size beds and plush carpets populate the domiciles, set off by furnishings uniquely appointed to individual pods.
Go to the Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort If You're Looking for...
Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snow gazing, snow shoveling, snow angels. From its tiny, private pocket in Switzerland's Alps, the Whitepod allows visitors to--almost insists that they--commune with the fluffy white stuff 24 hours a day. The pods also give environmentally-conscious tourists an opportunity to bask in an isolated, untouched, and undisrupted spanse of nature without scrimping on the amenities of traditional mountain resorts.
Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort Highlights
- The Pods. Obviously. Heated by wood-burning stoves, lit by lanterns, and individually fitted with antiques and organic bedding, each sleeps up to 4 people within its sturdy geodesic dome.
- The Whitepod Ski Estate. Comprised of 4.3 miles of ski slopes with a 2,300-foot altitude difference, the resort's private downhill acreage caters to beginner and intermediate level snow crusaders. It includes two private lifts--the only motorized systems on the property--that open on demand during operating hours. The estate is also groomed for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding, and guided hikes.
- The Ecotourism Approach. Whitepod aims to limit its environmental impact by taking measures to: minimize daily water and electricity consumption; reduce waste production; use renewable resources; and increase clients’ awareness of environment protection.
- The Chalet. At the entrance to Whitepod's 15 abodes stands a charming, early 1800s wooden chalet that serves breakfast in the mornings (included in accommodation pricing), and crackling fires accented by free-flowing drinks in the evenings. It also houses the Restaurant des Cerniers, whose dishes highlight a wide range of European mountain cuisine.
- The Spa. Whitepod boasts two wellness centers, the Relaxation Area and the Treatment Area. The former can be found inside the Pod-house, a structure at the center of the guest pods, and helps visitors decompress with a Finnish sauna and Japanese bath. The latter is on the first floor of the chalet, where it soothes spent muscles in two massage rooms, and one massage room with a double bath.
Best Time to Go to Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort
Winter time, December to March, for the best snow conditions.
- Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort: http://www.whitepod.com/?lang=en
- The Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort Rates & Reservations: http://www.whitepod.com/?page_id=2497&lang=en
- The Whitepod Ski Estate: http://www.whitepod.com/?page_id=2603&lang=en
- The Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort Ecotourism Approach: http://www.whitepod.com/?page_id=2493&lang=en
- The Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort Restaurant: http://www.whitepod.com/?page_id=2655&lang=en
- The Whitepod Eco-Luxury Resort Wellness Areas: http://www.whitepod.com/?page_id=2598&lang=en